Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI Update

Wish I could report that I got a lot done, but my sewing time was more limited than I had planned.  Has that ever happened to you?  I did finish a little romper for my little granddaughter for St. Patrick's Day and made a few blocks for my civil war quilt.  Seems like I hit roadblocks on every block I started.  The fabric I wanted to use for one block (Union Shield) was a perfect red and white stripe, but too bright...didn't play nice with the other fabrics in the quilt.  Thought I would tea dye it to see if it looked better.  Liked the results but took away from sewing time.   Then I needed to print templates for another block and ran out of ink in my printer.  Finally picked a block that didn't require anything special....and made a couple more setting blocks.  Regardless of the results, it felt good to play with fabric for a few hours!

Now to go see everyone's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment