Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BOM Rehab 2013

Better late than never!   Computer, yahoo, or blogger issues have been resolved so hopefully I can show my progress tonight.   With all the new BOMs creeping into my sewing room, I may need additional rehab!   One of the new BOMs that caught my eye was the sampler from Country Threads.  This surprised me because I generally don't like most sampler quilts, but I liked the variation in thesize of the blocks and the layout.   This was one that I knew I could make completely from my stash.   For a long time, I have wanted to make a neutral quilt using various shades of cream.....so...here are my first 2 blocks.....



 The print in the large star has just a touch of blue.  I plan to use this as a focus fabric throughout the quilt.  I don't know how many years this fabric has been waiting for the right project. 

I also finished the 12 inch ribbon block for my Gingerbread Joy quilt.  A couple more units to go on the 6 inch one.  Hope you don't get tired of looking at these blocks.  One of my goals is to finish this quilt this
 year.  I'm at the point where this one could easily get pushed to the side.  May need some cheerleading to keep on track!


I would love to have a quilt made with these blocks!


Join Sinta's Rehab if you think you may need extra motivation to finish all your  new 2013 BOMs. Maybe I'll see you there next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment