Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School

It is hard to believe school will start next week.  Summer vacation was just getting under way when I last posted on my blog. This has been a bitter sweet summer for me.  One of my husband's older brothers lost his almost year long battle with liver cancer.  We also lost a few other family members and friends to cancer.   Watching your loved ones struggle is painful, but I truly have been blessed to witness the faith and courage shown.  Such an inspiration and many lives were touched and changed during these times.  God truly does have plans that we don't understand and even question at the time,  but we see his love in action all around.  To God be the Glory!

We have also spent most of the summer getting my mom's house ready to sell.  It is so hard to go through all the "stuff".  It is like looking at a timeline of memories from a 60+ years of  a marriage and family life. Needless to say, I brought home boxes and boxes of stuff that I just couldn't part with at our sale.  I have had very little time this summer for sewing and quilting.  My sewing room has become a catch-all for boxes and bins that I am gradually finding a permament place for....hopefully, I am getting back to some normal routine.

What better way to get back in the swing of quilting and blogging than a blog hop!  Another great hop from  Quilting Gallery  celebrating Back to School starts Sunday night.  Check back later tonight for my giveaway details.  You can find more information and a list of participating blogs (on Sunday) here:
http://quiltinggallery.com/quilters-fun/quilters-blog-hop-party/


Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment