Monday, February 6, 2012

A finished runner

I was able to start and complete a small project last week.   I wanted a red table runner to use in my Valentine's decorating.  I have seen a lot of patterns for cute heart themed runners lately, but I wanted something I could use at other times of the year too.  I found this pattern and thought it would be perfect. I'll be making more throughout the year!



I also finished up the first couple of months on my Gingerbread Joy BOM.   I have a crazy passion for Christmas quilts and love to decorate with and collect gingerbread items, so this quilt quickly went on my to do list when I first saw it.  One of my LQS offered it as a BOM so I had to start it.  I have another one of Sue Garman's quilts in progress also.  I pulled out my Night Before Christmas quilt and worked on it during the Super Bowl.  It has been almost a year since I worked on this one, but I got a good start on my 6th block. (6 more to go)  I really enjoy hand appliqued projects.  Seems like I can find the time to make a stitch or two when I can't get to my sewing machine.

This week I thought I'd share some of my Valentine projects and my red and white quilts that I have made.  I love two color quilts, especially red and white ones.   First is a mantle scarf I made a few years ago.

This red and white Burgoyne Surrounded quilt was finished in 2007.  I love recreating vintage quilts. (Can't afford the real ones!)  This one was a bear to hand quilt as I made a poor choice in batting.


Burgoyne Surrounded
More to show next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment