Monday, February 4, 2013

Was there a game yesterday?

Yes, it was Super Bowl Sunday and I had planned to sew and quilt while watching the game.  We decided this year not to have a "party" but to just spend a quiet evening at home....Wasn't really rooting for either team...just wanting to see a good game!   I can say I enjoyed the coin toss and kick off...(Thank you Peyton and Papa John for the free pizza!)  Our cable went out following the kick off.  Not only did the cable go out, but internet service and home phone as well!   And I thought it was bad last week when it happened and the grandkids couldn't watch Imagination Movers!   All I can say it that the worse job in NC this morning was probably the customer service at our local telephone company.  Everyone with digital cable lost service....It briefly came on at the end of the halftime show and then a few minutes in the third quarter and a few minutes at the end of the game.  So I spent a very quiet Sunday evening at my sewing machine while Terry read.  Must admit it was nice, but I would have been very upset if I had a houseful of friends and "our" team was playing.

I made a couple more of my FQS mystery blocks.  Got to get caught up with these before the new one starts!


I have been working on a WIP challenge with an online group.  Each month we pick a project and post our progress each Wednesday.  For January I chose my 2011 Civil War BOW from Barbara Brackman.  My goal was to finish making the connector blocks, put the last 2 rows together, and get it basted and ready for hand quilting.  Yea.....I met my challenge and have started quilting it.


During my Super Bowl Sewing Party, I also started a new Schnibbles... Brocante....I need a quilt for a gift in 2 weeks.  Guess this will be my February challenge!  



Follow me to The Pink Pincushion and see who all made it to rehab this week.

Debbie






3 comments:

  1. It almost sounds like someone planned the cable problem, just to make people mad. I love the fabrics in your mystery blocks. I wish I had more time to sew, I would join in on any stitch along or BOM I could. I love looking at the schnibbles quilts many are doing, do you do this every year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seemed to be a lot of power outages on Sunday! Glad you got to have your own SB Sewing party!!! Great progress~

    ReplyDelete